The San Diego Natural History Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Public Programs Project Coordinator
The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking a passionate Public Programs Project Coordinator who has an enjoyment for and commitment to the public who visit the museum and participate in our programs. She/he will provide professional administrative support to all departments within Public Programs and will report to the Senior Director of Public Programs. This is a one year position from October 2015 through June 30, 2016.
- 1. Provides administrative support to the Senior Director of Public Programs General administrative duties, including: phone work, e-mail, mail, copies, scheduling, filing, correspondence, special projects, meeting preparation, meeting notes, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- 2. Provide general departmental support
- Manage the RSVPs for Educator Appreciation Night.
- Take and distribute meeting notes for ongoing exhibition projects and for digital strategy projects.
- Provide support and documentation for curriculum development projects.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings and activities for the departments under Public Programs (Education, Exhibits, Volunteers).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum two years of experience of nonprofit experience required.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Project management experience.
- Great research skills.
- Great attention to detail/accuracy.
- Good organizational & interpersonal skills; experience and ability working with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with tasks of a highly confidential nature.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time during an 8-hour work day and operate a computer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine and other business equipment.
- High level of typing accuracy and speed.
To apply please submit resume, cover letter outlining your experience, and three professional references to email@example.com. Please include the following in the subject line of your email “PC Application- YOUR LAST NAME.FIRST INITIAL” (example: PC Application-Smith. P.) No phone calls or drop ins please.