What has six legs and shows up every Sunday from March 10 through June 2? “Six-Legged Sundays” at theNAT! Each Six-Legged Sunday will be a day of family-friendly insect discovery.
- Meet one of Museum’s Entomologists who will answer your questions and identify any bug you bring in (try to stump them!).
- “Catch” Pixar’s A Bug’s Life , shown at 12 PM in the Museum’s Charmaine and Maurice Kaplan Theater.
- Visit the popular Camp-o-Saurus , which will be transformed for the day into Bug-o-Saurus !
- Visit the “battle zone” racetrack where you can race your friends or other visitors, using mechanical insects. Bring in your own or you can purchase them at the Museum Store.
- Find out “What Bug Are You?” at the coloring station where you can draw what you think you’d look like as a bug.
- Ms. Frizzle will be giving a bug-themed performance every day (two performances per day).
All buggy events are free with Museum admission and free for members.
Educator Exhibition Worksheets and Educator Exhibition Worksheets-Spanish
theNAT is buggin' out for Bug Week!
April 1—7, 2013
- Dress up like a bug and receive $5 off
- Watch the film Bugs 3D!
- See Camp-o-Saurus transformed into Bug-o-Saurus
- Draw your favorite bug
- Collect insect trading cards—a different card will be handed out each day, with all seven available on April 7
- Enjoy “beetle juice” and bug-o-licious treats at the Dino Café
- Meet staff from the Entomology Department at The Hazard Family Research Demonstration Lab (Saturday excluded)
- 11 AM: Tour the Museum’s Entomology Department (Monday-Friday, first-come, first-served, limit 10 people per tour)
- 2 PM: Take part in Amazing Arthropods, a fun educational program where kids can explore bug-themed activity stations (Monday-Friday)
Above activities are included with paid admission, and free for members
Members Exclusive Insect Egg Hunt
April 7, 2013
Bug Week culminates with a members’ exclusive insect egg hunt and family day. Join us for all of the fun, starting with an Insect Egg Hunt at 9 AM. Children can search for giant “insect” eggs filled with prizes, followed by face painting, buggy tattoos, and all sorts of crafts.
All seven insect trading cards will be available, so you can complete your collection!
Reserve your spot today by calling 619.255.0285 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your Member ID number, name, and number of people in your party.
Become a member today and take part in all the fun!